Posted under 2013 PRICE & COSTING
The artists & designers at Southern Art Ceramics and myTiLE appreciate and thank you for the enquiry.
Our products are commodities, with some art works in their own right, and even the plainest of items are created with care and passion.
Please Note: The first and second payment quotation will be provided at the same time.
The first payment quotation is for the samples that needs to be approved before we produce the final batch:
• The following cost-over’s may or may not apply to your order:
1. Cost over – Size: Which format tile do you prefer i.e. 75 x 75mm, 100 x 100mm, 75 x 150mm. Size
2. Cost over – 2D Graphic Design for lay-outs and presentations.
3. Cost over – 3D & CAD Design
4. Cost over – Rapid Prototyping
5. Cost over – Mold making
6. Cost over – Colour coordination: Provide Plascon/Dulux colour swatches.
7. Cost over – Decorative & Pattern Design:
8. Cost over – Decorative & Pattern Printing:
9. Cost over – Decorative & Pattern Hand painting:
10. Cost over - For any special requests not covered by the above.
11. Cost over – Packaging and Parceling
12. Cost over – Delivery, Postal by land or sea and/or courier services.
13. Cost over – Consultations on site
14. Cost over - Other
The second payment quotation is the base price for the production of the order and is based on the approval of the final samples :
• Be so kind to provide the following information at time of inquiry:
1. Cost over – Deadline: The deadline is the time available for us to produce the tiles and excluding delivery/transit time. Cost-over’s for tight time-lines may apply.
2. The dimensions of area/s to be covered and/or the square meter bulk needed for your project.
3. Photographic images and/or architects/design drawings/schedules.
4. Do you want to order the cast handmade processed tiled or the more expensive hand manipulated pressed tiles?
5. Please provide accurate delivery details for the delivery quotation.
6. The second quotation will exclude the cost over for delivery and will be quoted separately with various modes of transport and cost implications.
The procedure from us is as follows:
• We shall request parameters regarding the brief or order if not provided in full and as set out above.
We shall then forward:
1. A quote for FIRST PAYMENT covering cost-over’s to produce samples or design lay-outs, and/or
2. The quote for SECOND PAYMENT for producing the final product relating to the approved samples.
3. An accurate quote for your order if it is stock based or relating to a specified catalogue item on our e-commerce websites www.handmadetiles.co.za or www.arttilegallery.com
1. Each project is individually quoted and we shall consider the deadline, the brief and finally the dimensions of the area to be covered.
2. Please note that deadlines are the definitive measurement we use when processing quotes, with deadlines shorter than 15 working days the costing may increase by 30% or more.
3. Samples and layouts will be quoted for separately or might be included with the final quote. Any additional samples, layouts or artwork will carry an extra charge. Full payment must be confirmed for quotes to be executed.
4. Quotes are only valid for 10 working days and we reserve the right to withdraw from or to update the quote at any time.
5. Full payment confirms order.
6. Payment acknowledges acceptance of terms and conditions.
7. Orders are only processed on receipt of payment.
8. Estimated delivery quoted will take effect as from the day payment was confirmed.
9. Please note that all prices on this website are approximate.
10. Delivery is for clients account except when it is otherwise stated. Goods become the property of the purchaser on delivery by Southern Art Ceramics to the transportation company. Loss or delay in delivery is not the responsibility of Southern Art Ceramics.
Southern Art Ceramic Design is proud to be associated with this prestigious restaurant project for Tashas Nicolway in Johannesburg! We designed and produced the mediterranean inspired tiles for the floors, walls and table tops.
The image of the bathroom shows of to great effect what can be achieved with customized ceramic and shaped clay tiles from Southern Art Ceramic Design.
Our studio received a commission to manufacture handmade tiles to clad a wine fridge. The curved corner tiles were designed using Cad programs to ensure accuracy and a precise fit.
The colours were formulated to match the Clifton and Bantry bay coast below Nettleton Road. Three tones of the colour provide a dreamlike shimmering effect in a room designed to relax with friends while enjoying one of South Africa’s unsurpassed views!
Southern Art Ceramic Design received a commission to match the colours of 16th centuray antique Delft tiles for this prestigious renovation at L’Ormarins. Most of the images are antique but some were painted byHele Oosthuizen. The blanks with the bullhorn corners were painted by her as well.
The image is unfortunately from a mobile phone.
This handmade ceramic panel has been installed lately in Durban.
It is made up of metro tiles, 75 x 150mm in size and with custom sizes, so that the artist could harmoniously arrange the herb words inside the border.
Although the herb names or words are a classic we did complete another mural at the same time with the husband’s special chilli recipe instead!
The off-white or bone white colour of the metro tile is the choice of most clients as it blends seamlessly with all interiors.
View our www.handmadetiles.co.za website for extra information on new and similar projects.
The client often approach us to create and produce handmade tiles for her new kitchens, and this one is the most original of them all!
Each handmade tile were seperately formed and pressed by hand with a porcelain clay body and the mural was made to fit the space above the stove in this awesome kitchen!
The colour is a warm off-white with the design in a deep charcoal for a classic end-result.
The children’s input were noted and the ” Een Vir Almal & Almal Vir Een” was partly due to their suggestions.
Posted under Kitchens Tiles
By using a variety of design elements, Xperiencemakers created a harmonious interior for this Stellenbosch client.
Our small tiles on the wall, all in cream with the checkerboard arrangement of large tiles on the floor contrast with the raw clay brick at the entrance to the kitchen.
The use of colour, with the cream on the walls, cabinets and stove binding the contrasting green and reds of the cabinets at either side, creates a lively and all so homely kitchen.
The deeper tones of natural wood creates the necassary depth.
What else can you learn from this image?
Posted under Kitchens Tiles
The client, an artist herself, enquired about patterned tiles to use behind her stove and bash basin as back-splash tiles.
I consulted with her, at the site, and advised her to opt for a rich plain tile that will compliment some of the paint techniques she uses on several of her paintings hanging in the area. In general her interior and objet d’art have a rich patina of colour and texture and there was no need for a big budget patterned tile.
Be so kind to view before and after pictures on www.handmadetiles.co.za